Parity Media is expanding and to cater to increasing demands of our readers, we have decided to open up a few vacancies. We are looking for three News / Content Writers who will be contributing to a number of our news sites. Please, find information about the vacancy below:
Job Title: News / Content Writer
- Write news / reviews / deals / news analysis of current affairs and current trends in science, health, technology and business on topics provided by sub-editors / editors;
- Review and evaluate written / recorded work as supplied by news sources to dig out and isolate facts and details;
- Verify accuracy of questionable facts & escalate to sub-editor / copy editor if necessary;
- Suggest content to sub-editor/editor;
- Peer review / proofread work of other content writers / contributors and suggest necessary corrections;
- Provide title, image, links, videos and tags for the news covered.
- Excellent reading comprehension & writing capabilities;
- Time management;
- Interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Should have basic understanding of topics related to science, space, health, & technology;
- Understanding of SEO;
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Graduate or Diploma in Mass Communication / Journalism / Arts / Commerce / Engineering;
- Extra certifications pertaining to field an added advantage;
- 1+ Years of experience as content writer;
- Fresher are also encouraged to apply for the position.
- The position is on contractual basis. Salary will be as per industry standard, but candidates will be able to earn much more through performance pay incentives. Details will be provided at time of interview.
To apply send your resume to jobs[@]paritymedia[dot]in and along with a covering letter mentioning the post for which your are applying – in this case “News/Content Writer”.